Who we are
Meridian Wellbeing, formerly the CMHA, is borne out of our passion to support not only the Chinese community but also all those in need of our services.
Over the last few years, we have widened our work to provide inclusive services to the wider community. Through our partnership with NHS mental health trusts, local authorities and other local community agencies, we co-designed and co-produced services that benefit all ethnicities and community groups.
Meridian Wellbeing is our platform to enable us to reach more people, help them access the support they need and empower them to change their lives for the better.
Our mission is to be the enabler and empower people to take action to improve their lives for the better.
What we do
We are a health and wellbeing charity based in Hendon in the London Borough of Barnet.
At Meridian Wellbeing, we work collaboratively with other agencies to offer holistic support for the benefit of the individual. We believe that through collaboration and better understanding between partners, we are able to do more for people and be their catalyst for change.
We believe in empowering individuals to make the right choice for their wellbeing, and enabling them to choose what they feel will benefit them the most. This empowerment and working towards their independence will unlock their full potential and improve their quality of life.
This video is drawn from our work with our services users and gives a taste of their journey with us.
We asked our service users to respond in their own words to the question – what does Meridian Wellbeing mean to you?
We hope that by sharing this, you will better understand the value of our work and how we put those we support at its very centre.
Please click on the video below to learn about our achievements in 2020/2021.
Our achievements in 2019/ 2020 included:
- We supported 4,000 people across all our services, of which 65% were from the BAMER communities.
- We worked with around 350 organisations and services in Barnet.
- We helped 1,900 people identify their emotional needs and prioritise their goals.
- We worked with over 100 volunteers across our services.
- We reached over 800 people through major events such as the World Mental Health Day, Carer’s Week, International Women’s Day, Mental Health Awareness Week, and other events
- We supported national campaigns such as Dementia Friendly, Suicide Prevention, Cancer Awareness, Autism Awareness, Learning Disability Week, and other campaigns.
- We ran 100 wellbeing workshops with over 1,200 participants and 750 unique individuals attending.
- We held 48 preventative Wellbeing Club events, and over 250 people attended the range of our wellbeing activities.
- We ran 45 recovery Social Club events with more than 100 people participating.
- Our weekly housing legal advice service helped 150 people with their housing needs.
- We ran over 40 sessions of complementary therapies, helping over 60 people.
- We organised, delivered or hosted over 250 wellbeing activities with over 3,000 participants such as Tai Chi, Chair Yoga, Mindfulness, Flower Craft, Zumba Dance, Singing groups etc.
- Our premises at the Meritage Centre received a footfall of over 15,000 visitors last year.