Hong Kong BN(O) Welcome Hub of
North West London
Funded by the Department of Levelling Up, Housing & Communities, the welcoming project aims to provide comprehensive support to Hong Kongers who are new to the UK.
On Coming Event
Our 4th Welcoming Party will be held on 26 May!
Topic: Introduction to the UK Taxation System
Date & Time: 26/5 (Thu) 11:00 am – 2:00 pm
Venue: The Meritage Centre
Address: Church End, NW4 4JT
If you are interested, please feel free to contact us through email, phone or text for more details and registration!
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 020 7613 1008
WhatsApp / Telegram: +44 7586 098 375
Weekly Presentations & Talks
We would like to invite you to a series of talks about your local services and facilities.
The presentation will be for 40-45 minutes followed by Q&A, refreshments, and a chance for a one-to-one advocacy session if you would like one.
Time: 1:30 – 2:30 pm
Venue: The Meritage Centre
Please use the QR code associated with the relevant date to register with us!
*If any of the event’s dates and topics change due to unforeseen circumstances, the attendees will be informed of any changes right away.
New to London?
If you are new to living in Barnet or North London, we invite you to join our Monthly Welcoming Party.
We will invite guest speakers to share helpful information on various topics about life in the UK.
We hope our package of services can support Hong Kongers to have a smoother transition into the new community.
A wide range of services to meet comprehensive needs
- Guest speakers will share their experience and expertise on different aspects of living in the UK. We hope it will allow participants to meet some new friends and connect with the local community
Community Supporting Services
- Through partnering with local authorities and other organisations, we can provide advice and support for enquiries on topics such as healthcare services, mental wellbeing, and job-seeking skills
Social Activities & Mental Wellbeing
- We hold a range of interest groups and activities (in person and virtually) regularly, where you may meet new friends from nearby areas
- Befriending Service – personal wellbeing support, provided by volunteers
What Service Do We Offer?
- Monthly Seminars - With Guest Speakers sharing helpful information on various topics about life in the UK.
Mental Health Support
- We provide support in Cantonese and help navigate to relevant services
- Befriending service – personal support provided by volunteers
- Social clubs, gatherings and interest groups organised for both face to face and online platforms e.g. Tai Chi, karaoke
- Day trip visiting sightseeing spots – opportunity to meet new friends and be more familiar with the surrounding areas
- English workshops will be hosted according to the ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) guidelines to help develop skills and confidence in using English in daily situations
- Face to face sessions to provide job-seeking information in local areas
- Workshops and personal sessions may help to improve skills such as producing application letters, CV and how to be a more competitive applicant in a job interview
- Health talks – designated seminars will introduce different pathways of the local healthcare system and other health & wellbeing topics
- Assist with language support when attending a medical appointment
- Information on childcare and caring for the seniors
- Connecting people through 'buddy pairing' to create a supportive neighbourhood
- Through social activities, e.g. Yum Cha, badminton club, we aim to connect people with like minded interests - establishing a healthier social circle
Support on Integrate into the UK Lifestyle
- Weekly personal enquiry sessions provide down-to-earth support on settling down in the UK, e.g. Education, GP Registration, Housing, Driving Licence, access to local facilities...etc.
- To help develop an understanding of the diversity of the British culture